We have an immediate job opening for a legal secretary in our workers’ compensation department. The ideal candidate would have at least two years’ experience in worker’s compensation defense.
Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Atkins David LLC is a workers’ compensation and civil litigation law firm focusing on representing big and small businesses throughout Georgia. We not only strive to give our clients the best possible representation, but we provide a workplace that allows our employees to challenge themselves. In addition, we have a commitment to our community through various volunteer organizations. We work hard but also work together and end every week with a hotly contested foosball tournament.
- Provides assistance to a team of attorneys.
- Drafts standard pleadings, correspondence, memoranda, and other documents.
- Proofreads all documents for grammar, spelling, and completeness prior to distribution or filing.
- Manages client intake process for new matters and maintains case details.
- Maintains attorney specific case lists and calendars.
- Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and professional demeanor at all times.
- Works effectively and efficiently to complete all tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains a positive and “can do” attitude when dealing with clients, co-workers, and attorneys. Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a willingness to adapt to change.
Job Requirements/Critical Skills:
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of Outlook and Word; working knowledge of Excel. Will be trained on our document management system, e-filing, and database software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
The firm provides an excellent salary and benefits package including employer-paid health insurance premiums and a matching 401K plan.
If interested, please email your resume to our Office Manager, Stacie Pugh, firstname.lastname@example.org.